[CAST] voice actors wanted for a Minecraft Film! Nov 14, 2018 23:37:11 GMT -8
Post by 0n3Appl3 on Nov 14, 2018 23:37:11 GMT -8
NOTE: I realised that I should have posted this under "Visual Projects [Unpaid]." Sorry in advance.
Project Name: Incompetent
Planned Release Date: January 2019
Setting: Quiutis (pronounced: Key-u-tus)
Year: 2020 (town appears to be set in 2009)
Film Context: In a small town, everyone disappeared, with buildings and homes left abandoned, with no clue of what happened. The military keeps the scene under wraps as they send in a small team to explore the threats that lie underneath the mystery, and a large threat on the scale of heather to undreamt of emerges, threatening not only the world, however, the team’s sanity as a whole. With suspicions of a “world cleansing” cult, “House of Saviours“ localized in a small town, neighboring region, Lakewood, sends in five intelligence bureau officers from different branches: a pilot, a detective, a marksman, a navigator, and a mechanic, to go find out the plans of the cult, as their skills, relationships, and sanity are all put to the test.
Protagonists: A small band of ragtag soldiers and other militia officers
Antagonist: Mysterious town cult
Hey, everyone! I am making a new Minecraft film based on War called Incompetent. The name derives from the actual plot of the story which is testing the main characters' ability to handle the challenges that lay ahead of them in the atmosphere of war. We all know what the word "Incompetent" means right? It means not to show the skills necessary to able to accomplish a task. I picked this film title as a bit of foreshadowing as to what kind of events are going to occur. I believe that this is going to be my longest Minecraft film project yet with an estimated running time of 25 minutes judging from the script and comparing run times of my past projects.
In the past year, I have been working on little Minecraft film projects improving every time. Back in May this year, I did post an audition thread on The Android. That did not work out too well since the project was way too difficult to complete and my expectations were not met. Only my DEMO episodes (two of them) was what was left of the project, and I still felt proud of what I put together, and I was happy to be working with the voice actors. They were really kind and always there to help out, and I'd like to thank them again for the assistance. A few months later, I released another Minecraft Film to my YouTube channel, and it was called 0N3. This was an alternative take on The Android project since the story still revolved around Androids taking over the world. I was really impressed by the result. A lot of people I interact with really enjoyed what I had to offer, and it kept me going to make these fun Minecraft films.
Here are my previous projects that will give you an idea of what I can do:
- The Android DEMO - Part 1 [Witness] --> www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ktiXJ5Do2U
- The Android DEMO - Part 2 [Interrogation] --> www.youtube.com/watch?v=Re5yqL46yPE
- 0N3 --> www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5aXFyGKksc
If you would like to audition for one of the characters, please fill in this Google Form: goo.gl/forms/n5wfxlhWOJmmZ5Le2
The following are the main characters in the film. Minor role characters are found in the Google Form.
AGE: Late 20s
Alone in the world, Collins liked the idea of escapism and decided to become a pilot. If she is alone on the ground, she could feel belonging in the sky. Collin’s passion for flying makes her one of the best pilots in the world.
- [mutters] that’s just lazy writing
- Yeah, I’ve seen that to poorer Belfort
- I may or may not have taken a jet
- Oh God
AGE: Late 40s
Growing up in a city of terror, Shermont wanted to save his city; he did so by bringing those guilty by justice as a detective. Being great at his job, Shermont has seen a lot, making him almost immune to the weird, strange, and disturbing.
- I am detective Shermont of the Investigation Department, and I need a pilot for a very dangerous recon mission.
- Who in the hell are you?
- Okay, gather ‘round. We don’t know what is going on fully, but we are not going to take any chances regarding the security of the world. Malt, do you still have that cloak.
- I’m going to end this
Stephen Malt (nickname: Steve)
AGE: Late 30s
Malt was never one to obey an order; however, when his family was killed by a terrorist threat, Malt decided to join the military, having nothing less to lose. Training in hand to hand combat and firearms every day for nearly ten years, Malt became one of the best marksmen in the military, getting revenge for what he lost.
- And you would want me to shoot them. Bullets don’t stop anything
- Ready for what?
- How do you know me?
- All we have are landmines.
- I’m sorry
AGE: Late 30s
As a child, Hughes found herself lost quite a few times and grew quite adept to the use of her compass and knowledge of the world to eventually become a skilled navigator, guiding people to safety in her military service.
- So what’s your play detective?
- If you change your mind, you know where I’ll be.
- Release the soldier, and no one will get hurt
- Yeah, and I think I can get the final blow on Ses, all we need is a plan
- You’re a monster
Clancy Torres (nickname: Crank)
AGE: Early 20s
With a fascination with Mechanics, Torres always wanted to be a mechanic, however, in an area of poverty, Torres decided to pursue his career in a life of crime, where he came upon the military’s radar.
- It appears that this is powered by magic, I can’t defuse this.
- I’ll do it. There is nowhere for me to go. As soon as this is over, Shermont is going to dump me somewhere elsewhere on another suicide mission. I want my freedom.
AGE: Early 50s
Twisting religion in his own words, Ricardio, decides to create the “House of Saviours“, a cult which worships the end times, and believes that it is their destiny to end the world.
Ricardo remained a faithful person to his religion. However, when his family was killed in the span of one day (on separate occasions), Ricardio believes that there is doom to come for all, and he decides that it is his destiny to end all misery by ending all life, so the thing that happened to him does not happen to anyone else.
Ricardio ultimately does not want to make anyone feel as terrible as he did, albeit, terribly. Ses believes by obliterating the world; he is playing the deity that he worshipped, where in reality he is the people who got his family killed.
- I know everything, the past, present, future, infinite knowledge of the universe, of the wrath of my deity that is about to come down on this plane of existence
- You have my respect Shermont, fulfilling your destiny, but now I am fulfilling mine
- The pain, I felt it before, I didn’t want it to happen to anyone ever again, but I caused it. I can’t come back from this, neither can you. I’m sorry.
You can choose to send your audition through email as well as filling up the Google Form.
- Save all files in .mp3 format.
- Record all of a character's audition lines in one file, with a separate file for each character.
- Label as Yourname_Character.mp3
-Put "(Project Name) Audition" in the subject line of the e-mail
E-mail your auditions to email@example.com
DEADLINE: November 30th @ 9:00AM NZDT (GMT +13:00)