Steampunk Cannon Fishing Game [Closed] Jun 27, 2019 2:57:09 GMT -8
Post by HopeAdriftProducer on Jun 27, 2019 2:57:09 GMT -8
We are a team of 8 game dev students from Finland and we are making a steampunk themed atmospheric action game called Hope Adrift. In the game you are the captain of a steam ship that has a broken engine and you must fix it. You must gather the spare parts by shooting at steampunk styled mechanical fish swimming in the sea with cannons that are manned by your other crew members.
We are looking for voice actors for our captain and other crew member roles.
Captain Henry Macks is a 52-year-old experienced sailor of 37 years. His wife Mrs. Macks died 10 years ago, so his boat and crew are his only family. He specialises in travelling the dangerous seas and has a ship prepared for battle. He cares about his crew a lot. He's serious and appears cold, but his commands and rule show that everything he does is for the best of the crew. He has his eldest son Odie on board that he treats more like crew member than a son. Not many are even aware of their relationship.
1. Captain Henry Macks (Old, strict but warm voice)
1. Man the cannon! (You tell a crew member to man the cannon as the monstrous fish could attack at any time)
2. Hope has survived worse! (You're ensuring your crew that you can do this, as the boat has experienced worse before)
The crew consists of 19 men who each have their own name and role. The crew members will have 4 different voice types that will influence the way they speak.
2. Adult man 1 (Your general male voice fit for most parts)
1. Stop bubbling around or Macks will throw you off board. (You're a chief telling a younger crew member to keep quiet in a strict but not angry manner.)
2. Noo! (Yelling of despair as one of your fellow crew members was taken by the monstrous fish)
3. Adult man 2 (Male voice with a sneaky, mysterious sound. May be up to no good…)
1. Surprise, fishes! (You yell out as you're blowing the mechanical fish into pieces with a gun)
2. Can’t trust anyone here… (You mumble to yourself with an annoyed tone, expressing your annoyance towards the rest of the crew)
4. Adult man 3 (Crazy, fast paced, fun male voice)
1. Been spent so much time with me shovel that I should marry her. (You're a coal shoveler happily exclaiming your love towards your work)
2. Die, die, die! (You're yelling out as you're shooting the fish)
5. Young man (Youthful male voice)
1. Mr. Chief still hasn’t found my… surprise? (You're a young rebellious guy wondering if no one noticed your prank)
2. Aye aye, Captain! (You're taking orders from the captain)
Feel free to audition for multiple parts.
Please send the auditions to our email with a subject line “Hope Adrift Audition”:
Record all of a character's audition lines in one file, with a separate file for each character.
We accept all types of audio files but please name them accordingly:
5. Yourname_ youngman
The deadline will be July 11, 2019
You can also check us out on Twitter if you want to find out more about our game.
Hope Adrift Twitter