Warcraft 3 Mod | Gnoll Campaign | Chapter 1 [25M/3F] $5-$130 Nov 7, 2019 2:00:17 GMT -8
Post by tommigustafsson on Nov 7, 2019 2:00:17 GMT -8
We are looking for voice actors for the first chapter of our Warcraft III Mod, the Gnoll Campaign. There are 28 roles available, of which 3 are for female voice actors and 25 for male voice actors.
Description of the mod
The Gnoll Campaign is a story-driven single-player custom campaign for Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne. It is sequel to the Dwarf Campaign.
Gnoll Campaign Playthrough by Jay Borino
The roles as well as their descriptions and audition lines can be found in this document:
Gnoll Campaign Character Profiles
Please note that the audition lines are at the end of each character description in the above document. You apply to a role by sending us the audition lines mentioned in the above document.
Here is a list of the available roles along with the number of total lines for each role and the amount of USD you will be paid for doing the role:
1) Luna Moonsnout, Gnoll Supreme Warden - Female - 129 lines - $130
2) Gnarl Goldmane, Hill Chief - Male - 31 lines - $40
3) Arecales, Keeper of the Grove - Male - 11 lines - $20
4) Sharnti-lar, Troll Maneater - Female - 14 lines - $25
5) Yee’Togarr, Flindlord - Male - 7 lines - $15
6) Zul’Abar, Troll Chieftain - Male - 24 lines - $30
7) Jo Jo Headshrinker, Troll Shaman - Male - 28 lines - $30
8) Mezil-kree, Troll Cuisinier - Male - 17 lines - $25
9) Zul’Maran, Troll Woodcrafter - Male - 9 lines - $20
10) Zul’Rajas, Troll Firedancer - Male - 17 lines - $25
11) Corrupted tree of Spirits - Male - 2 lines - $5
12) Yog’Ommog, Priest of Yeb’beh - Male - 1 line - $5
13) Gnoll Mystweaver - Male - 29 lines - $30
14) Gnoll Warlock - Male - 7 lines - $15
15) Gnoll Warden - Female - 27 lines - $30
16) Gnoll Overseer - Male - 32 lines - $40
17) Gnoll - Male - 25 lines - $30
18) Gnoll Brute - Male - 23 lines - $30
19) Gnoll Poacher - Male - 22 lines - $30
20) Gnoll Assassin - Male - 18 lines - $25
21) Gnoll Slasher - Male - 1 line - $5
22) Generic Male Troll - Male - 3 lines - $10
23) Mysterious Voice 1 - Male - 2 lines - $5
24) Mysterious Voice 2 - Male - 1 line - $5
25) Mysterious Voice 3 - Male - 2 lines - $5
26) Mysterious Voice 4 - Male - 1 line - $5
27) Mysterious Voice 5 - Male - 1 line - $5
28) Narrator - Male - 8 lines - $20
Characters by Gender
Female: Luna Moonsnout (1), Sharnti-lar (4), Gnoll Warden (15)
Male: All others
Lines for each role
Each role can have:
1. Dialogue lines
2. Sound set lines
Not all roles have dialogue lines and not all roles have sound set lines. You can find the number of dialogue lines and sound set lines in the Character Profiles document. Total lines are listed in the character list above along with the paid amount for each role.
You can find all the dialogue lines in the following document:
Gnoll Campaign Dialogue Reference
You can find all the sound set lines in the following document:
Gnoll Campaign Sound Sets
Note that the audition lines are in the Character Profiles document.
We’ve gathered a few audio samples from the original Warcraft III game and the Dwarf Campaign:
Gnoll Campaign Audio Samples
These can help you get the auditions sound correct.
You can send the auditions and final lines in any of the following formats:
- WAV: 16-bit, 44.1 kHz
- MP3 Mono: Bit rate at least 80 Kbps
- MP3 Stereo/Joint: Bit rate at least 160 Kbps
Notice on auditions with heavy effects created with an audio editing software
If you plan to send an audition, to which you have added heavy effects using an audio editing software, please send two versions of your audition:
1. One without any software created effects
2. Second with software created effects
This is because we need to evaluate your acting skills based on the version that has no software created effects. This rule does not apply if you create the "effects" with your voice or to any editing that you apply to your voice files to make them sound professional, such as noise reduction. This rule applies only when the original voice file and the modified voice file sound substantially different, e.g. due to voice distortion effects.
Evaluation of auditions
A jury will evaluate the sent auditions based on the following criteria:
1. Suitability of the voice for the role (right age, etc.)
2. Voice acting skills (how well you can act the character in question)
3. Technical quality (your microphone quality, etc.)
If your audition does not pass all three evaluation criteria, it will be rejected.
We will do the casting in rounds, each of which takes about 1 month. Each of the rounds has a deadline, after which we evaluate all sent auditions. If we find a suitable actor for a role, that role will be cast to the actor in question and closed for any further auditions. However, if all sent auditions for a particular role do not meet our voice acting standard, that role will stay open for further rounds until a suitable voice actor is found.
We will not do early castings under any circumstances. We will strictly respect the deadlines of each round. This means that you can count on that we receive your audition for evaluation if you send it before the deadline.
Note that if you have sent an audition for a role and the role remains open for the next round, it means that your audition did not meet our voice acting standard. If you want to know the exact reason, you can send us email.
After all the roles have been filled and after we have received all lines from the voice actors, we will evaluate the project as a whole. That is, how all voices work together. At this stage, it can happen that we find that some particular voice does not fit together with all other voices and we need to recast that role. In this case, the original voice actor still gets to keep the money we paid him or her for his or her work.
We will pay through PayPal. The recipient is responsible for all taxes and tax-like costs in his or her country.
Deadline for submitting auditions
First Round: Saturday, December 7, 2019, 23:59, UTC+2.
Please send auditions (and arising questions) by e-mail to:
voiceacting at hyvanmielenpelit.fi