Post by LadyStardust on Nov 1, 2018 22:17:07 GMT -8
Now that it is November, it's time to get in the spirit of thankfulness here at the VAC!
I know many people on our server and forums are not American, but even if you/your country doesn't celebrate Thanksgiving, it's still a good time to look back and think of the things we appreciate, especially because disappointment and rejection is commonplace in the acting industry and it can be easy to feel down about.
I challenge everyone to list 25 things they are thankful for (if you are really feeling ambitious, go ahead and list 50!) They can be big or small, serious or silly. They can be voice-acting-related, but other stuff is okay, too!
Post by Madeline Dorroh on Nov 1, 2018 22:59:16 GMT -8
What a fun challenge!! I'm thankful for:
1. My friends and family! 2. Everyone in the VAC for their friendship, help and general awesomeness. 3. Fat pika 4. Casting directors who cast AFTER the deadline haha 5. Cats! Just cats in general. 6. Deadline extensions on homework lol 7. Upcoming Animal Crossing on Switch 8. Panic! at the Disco!! 9. Seeing fanart or merch for characters you've voiced 10. Getting and giving compliments on performances 11. Chicken tendies 12. Tea after stressful vocal sessions 13. People who are good listeners 14. My roommate's leftover Halloween candy lol 15. The Harvard turkeys 16. Natural 20's 17. The increasingly stronger awareness of mental health struggles and resources for ppl who need them 18. Hugh Jackman. I mean just look at him 19. Directors who give compliments after you turn in lines 20. Actually just directors who communicate well and are very professional in general haha 21. My parents supporting my ambitions even though they don't 100% understand them 22. How I can see the stars at night really well from my house when I'm home 23. College financial aid!! I'd be super in debt without it rn 24. Casting calls with clearly listed characters/premises, payment/submission methods laid out in a really straightforward manner and otherwise just being well put-together 25. The new opportunities I've gotten in VO this year, whether through auditions or workshops or anything else. I've grown a lot thanks to this community and I'm really excited for what's to come!!
This was a very random list but that was fun! I'm grateful for a lot this year, including everyone in VAC!!
Post by vincentfallow on Nov 1, 2018 23:15:08 GMT -8
Never got to celebrate thanksgiving, being German and all but here goes!
Things I am thankful for:
1. Myself to finally start Voice Acting 2. Voice Acting Club for too many reasons to list 3. My Girlfriend for always having my back, supporting me relentlessly and having the biggest understanding 4. Germophobe for being THE voice acting rival brother and king of mixing 5. Taneko for endless help, memes and laughter 6. Sensy for being the audio buddha 7. Kira for giving so much of herself in order to nourish a community with wholesome fatPika energy and great people all around 8. Every person who ever left honest constructive feedback to someone in need 9. My day job for not crippling me like all my previous jobs 10. My IRL friends who barely see me nowadays but still understand 11. My Girlfriend again because she needs at least 10 spots in this list, sorry 12. The positivity channel for being wholesome and cute 13. James for being the top awesome discord admin 14. Jimmy for being the other top awesome discord admin 15. Dom of course for being such a wonderful friend and my DM boi 16. TrueMyriad because he makes sure I never stop auditioning 17. All the German fandub and audio play people for never letting me rest 18. I am thankful for chili cheese nuggets and all other kinds of cheese because y'all are the real MVPs 19. My apartment because it is a DREAM to have in the city I am in 20. Thankful for being healthy, keep it up body, you're awesome 21. Thankful for Ramen because it pulls me out of self doubt and depressive episodes so fast 22. Mike for showing me how even the hardest times can be overcome 23. My Koala plushie for being my comrade of cuteness 24. Every person that challenged me because I learned not to back down 25. You reading this post, because I value xou taking your time
Post by Jimmy Sherwood on Nov 2, 2018 0:32:45 GMT -8
Ooh, this is new as a Brit too, let's do this!
1) The VAC community - quite possibly the most supportive and lovely community I've ever ever been a part of, and I'm so thankful for everyone that I chat with on a daily basis. 2) D&D - my only weekly social activity, and saver of my sanity. 3) My grandparents that I live with, while they may be a pain in the backside, without their support, I wouldn't be where I am today. 4) Pistachios, if I believed in an all-powerful deity, it'd be their nut. 5) Fallout/Skyrim Mods for showing that there will always be a unique way of putting your voice in your favourite game, even if it's almost a decade old. 6) My morning cup of tea, of which I am currently sipping. 7) My gerbil children. When I sing, they appear, and it's the only way I'll ever get to truly experience that mermaid life. 8) The fact that it's now gingerbread season, and ooh boy, I do love my gingerbread. 9) Vinny because he's best boi, and I know he's always got my back. <3 10) Kira, for having faith in lil' ol' me, even though I'm an absolute baby in the VA world. 11) The rest of the mod and admin team, though there are many I wish to know better, they're a great bunch who are incredibly loving and supportive. WE FAMILY. 12) Binding of Isaac, for being a fun game to play while listening to podcasts. 13) My old University friends who I keep in touch with on a regular basis, they're sweethearts. 14) The NHS (sorry Americans, free healthcare is just 10 outta 10). 15) The absolute wonderful folks that I've met on Twitter. When I announced my mental health break recently, so many amazing people reached out to me and showed me their support, and I love each and every one of them for it. 16) The sound of walking on snow, the audible crunch when you're wrapped in layers and feeling as cosy as can be. 17) The feeling of a warm fire and listening to a good Spotify playlist while reading a great book. 18) The Welsh countryside. Whether you walk through it or drive through it, it's such a beautiful landscape and makes me proud to be Welsh. Cymru am byth! 19) My old business partner. When I was 16, he approached me with an offer, and it sent me on one hell of a roller coaster when I should have just been worrying about playing Minecraft with my friends. If not for his influence, I don't think I'd be as wise as I am at the age of 22. 20) Mindfulness and the techniques that come with it, outside of the mental health influences, it teaches me to be appreciative of every day, and always find a positive even in a negative situation. It's helped me cope on an immeasurable level. 21) A good tune to singalong to. Whether it's the most corny and cheesy song on the planet, or a true classic by Queen or Bowie, I love nothing more than breaking out into song and just going nuts with it. 22) My English teacher who told me I would fail at anything to do with the English language. It motivated me on a subconscious level, and my highest grades in University ended up being those of creative scriptwriting modules. 23) Red Pandas. They're the most adorable creature in the world, so much so that I've got one tattooed on my forearm, and a painting of one on my wall. 24) A good ol' Sushi breakfast. On occasion, my Grandfather will come home with some fresh sushi for me, and it's such a perfect start to the day. 25) Last, but ultimately not least, Critical Role. The show that finally got me playing D&D, which led to my friends complimenting my NPC voices, which inevitably led me to voice acting. If not for the likes of Matt Mercer, Liam O'Brien, Travis Willingham, Laura Bailey, Marisha Ray, Sam Riegal, Taliesin Jaffe and Ashley Johnson, I would not be posting in this forum today, so I owe them everything.
I'm having a hard time going to sleep (should've been in bed +8 hours ago!) but maybe this challenge will help me relax and sleep *crosses fingers* I'm really thankful for...
1. Having a bed to sleep in and a roof over my head, it's such an essential thing to have that I feel we take for granted. 2. That I get to wake up everyday doing the things I love, hate, and everything in between because it's important to have balance in life! 3. The food and water I get to eat and drink when I remember to do so, you get so engrossed in you life you forget the basic, important things you need to thrive. 4. The sounds of silence, if your life gets a little loud (or you're editing LOTS of audio for auditions) it's nice to get some quiet when you can. Rest those ears they work so hard! 5. My family for putting up with all my shenanigans and instill discipline and structure to my life (still trying to improve on that aspect ^^') 6. My friends to remind me not to take life so seriously and enjoy the time that we have together~ 7. Being able to build meaningful relationships and elevating them from acquaintances to friends (I promise it feels like an accident whenever I do it, but an accident I don't mind doing all over again~) 8. Being able to drive a car and transport me and Precious Cargo of various kinds to point A and B safely. 9. The education I was given in Kinesiology to help my friends and colleagues improve their overall health and well being (Exercise is important y'all!) 10. For the Kindness I give and receive from others, what others (and myself on hard days) see as a weakness at times is my greatest weapon to combat negativity even for a little bit. 11. For being able to Listen what people have to say, we live in a world where everyone wants to talk and yet no one takes the time to hear what they have to say. 12. For being a support system for others in their hour of need when I myself feel the weight of the world on my shoulders, there are times I disregard myself to console others. 13. For the people who make me feel like I matter and feel important when I want to be the last thing on people's minds, they remind me that I matter too. 14. Music, it'll take you places no matter what mood you're in. 15. A Good Hug, it'll elevate your mood~ 16. A Good Head pat, they say you feel 10% better after someone pats the time of your head Anime Style ^^ 17. Time, it helps us keeps us in line on when we want to get things done and you can start whenever your ready! 18. Failures, they have always been my greatest mentors. I would be a completely different person if I didn't make the mistakes I did. 19. Day dreaming, a hobby from my childhood that follows me now in adulthood and hopefully beyond. 20. A clean room (all the rooms!) it makes you feel more relaxed and at ease~ 21. The light to shine my way and see where my journey will take me. 22. The darkness to clear my mind and refocus what I need to do. 23. 4 Seasons: Spring, Summer, Winter, Fall. I live in an area what doesn't not have consistent weather patterns and I miss that dearly </3 24. Seasonal Scents that increase our anticipation for change~ 25. Tax Returns for all those hard working people! 26. Medicine to heal the sick (physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually). 27. Making someone smile, that's like my drug whenever I see people happy! 28. D&D, a past time that I was very late to the party to join and I enjoy being transported to a far away land having adventures with my Ohio Friends <3 29. A great story, it doesn't matter what the medium it's being told. Something SO GOOD that you'll always go back to it. 30. The people of Art who can create practically anything out of nothing because they put their minds to it. 31. The people of Science who've gone farther to learn more about the unknown and how it can help us because they put their minds to it. 32. Whatever amount of Successes I've had, as a reminder of how far I've come and how far I'm gonna keep going. 33. Quotes, there's always a quote for EVERY occasion! 34. My role models Todd Haberkorn and Kira Buckland for inspiring me and others that we CAN be a part of the VO World! 35. This Website for bringing us earnest VAs together so we can strive and learn to be better artisans in our craft~ 36. The Online VO Community, we're like one big family all over the world <3 37. The clothes on my back to keep me warm and cool. 38. My himalayan cat Willow, the first mammal pet my family ever has who has brought so much joy, headaches, and love to us~ 39. A hot shower, freshly shaved legs, fresh hot pjs out of the dryer, and laying in a bed with sheets and blankets straight out of the dryer: PURE BLISS -w- 40. Love, the world could always use more of it and we can definitely show more of it to each other. 41. My older sister and her beau for encouraging me to pursue VA even if I have no support and the odds are against me, I'll make it with my own strength and willpower. 42. Being able to laugh, you can never have too much laughter in life. 43. Being able to cry, whether it's for my own sadness or the sadness of others. It's ok to cry and you'll feel better afterwards. 44. Being able to defend myself and others physically and emotionally, I don't want things to end in a fight... But I'm willing to find resolution within the chaos. I thank my Father. 45. Being as attentive/motherly to all, I feel like I am being groomed to be the best provider for my future family. I thank my Mother. 46. Being fearless, exploring and trying to things and enduring the hardships for better tomorrows. I thank my Older Sister. 47. The amazing voice acting/acting opportunities that somehow threw themselves at me (whether I was ready for them or not!) My Past, Present, and Future projects will help cultivate me to be a better artist and person. I hope I get to work with every single one of you in the future, I look forward to the day that will come (-^.^-) 48. My Wonderful and Supportive Partner, after a 2015 Christmas Gift Fiasco I finally got myself a Blue Snowball Mic to start recording and voice acting. You encouraged me to do what I love even though I was terrified to begin, You were there during my greatest moments to my plunging downfalls, I'm still HERE and I ask myself how and why... Because you're the answer. I adore you, always<3 49. The Person Who is Reading This, I'm blown away that you've read this far! Keep being you're awesome sauce self 50. Sleep, which is a beautiful thing which I should be doing!!! Plot Twist: I never did it (TxT)
Phew! I made it to 50 somehow, that's CRAZY BANANAS! To Whoever is Reading This, I hope you have a Great Morning, Afternoon, and Night~
Roles of Voices I've Done So Far: Fallout: New California Mod - Jen Hail From the Ashes (A Destiny 2 Machinima) - Robyn Shepard (IN DEVELOPMENT) Super Danganronpa Another 2 Fanmade Game - Rei Mekaru Undertale: Determination Fanmade Game - Frisk/Narrator and Kindness Pokemon The Nuzlocke Chronicles Audio Drama - Mae, Rose
Hehe, as I was writing this, I started to feel like I was writing funny Thank You notes like on the Jimmy Fallon show. SO... in no particular order (except to make the formatting LOOK neat):
1. Naps 2. My mother 3. Scrapbooking 4. Musical Theatre 5. The Sims franchise 6. My loving boyfriend 7. Toreba Crane Game 8. Chris Hemsworth's Abs 9. Almond Joy coffee creamer 10. The magic of all things Disney 11. Pokemon Go getting good again 12. Discovering Bath Bombs are the best 13. My boyfriend's cat, Olivia Mewton John 14. The Broadway Revival of "Once On This Island" 15. My friends making me the Godmother to their son 16. Dave and Buster's half price games on Wednesdays 17. Spotify's Discover Weekly Playlist getting my taste in music 18. The TV series Once Upon a Time before it jumped the shark 19. Whoever first introduced me the Love Nikki! Dress Up Queen 20. The Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire (Legit, look it up, BEST Renn Faire!) 21. The Backstreet Boys comeback. They told us "Backstreet's Back, Alright!" and they meant it. 22. That time I got picked to buy Harry Potter and the Cursed Child tickets on the first day they went on sale. 23. The experience that working at Walt Disney World gave me and the friends I have to this day because of it. 24. Belsheber Rusape being my voice acting guardian angel and always shooting me links to the best auditions. 25. The weekly recording of the Stuff Weekly podcast I do with some of my oldest friends that keeps us in touch after all this time.
1. I'm thankful for a caring family 2. I'm thankful that I made some friends in school despite my adkward and shy self. 3. I'm thankful for the internet because its the internet 4. I'm thankful that I have both arms and legs - couldn't imagine not having them. 5. I'm thankful I wasnt born blind or something like that 6. Thankful i was born. People take that for granted. 7. I'm thankful that I have a car and can freely travel around. 8. Thankful for clothes. Especially at this time of year 8. I'm thankful I don't live up north. Its way too cold up there 9. I'm super thankful that my older sister was the "school kid" so i could do literally anything else 10. I'm thankful that America is America so that I can flex it on Europeans. 11. I'm thankful that halloween is over 12. I'm thankful for Biscuitville, for they supply the biscuits 13. I'm thankful for puns and their existence 14. I'm thankful for good times 15. I'm thankful for bad times and how they make the good times better 16. I'm thankful for bob ross. He's just a legend 17. I'm thankful for my home. 18. I'm thankful that I like cold pizza, because it's 90% of my diet 19. I'm thankful for christmas scented candles. They make everything smell good 20. I'm thankful for music in general 21. Netflix 22. I'm thankful for allergy medicine. I would be dead without it 23. I'm thankful I haven't died yet. 24. I'm thankful for weather and temperature shifts. Life would suck without them 25. I'm thankful for lists. They're a great way to organize things! 26. I'm thankful that I'm done
My heart and actions are utterly unclouded. They are all those of 'Justice'.
Alrighty this seems like a fun challenge to try. Here we go! What I'm thankful for is...
1.) My family - I feel very blessed to have a supportive and loving family. It is true that we often but heads and disagree a lot, but they're always supportive of my endeavors and have instilled in me the belief that hard work and determination guarantees success in the world and that in order to get what you want, you have to work towards it. Love my family.
2.) My friends - I always value friendship in the world. I'm lucky to have amazing friends who are always there for me and help during hard times. Whether in real life, at school, or in the online community, friendship is one of the greatest things that I have.
3.) Being a voice actor- I had wanted to be a voice actor since I was a young child but due to confidence issues and pursuing other interests at the time, I didn't really think much of doing it. Finally I worked up the courage and got involved in the online community and in doing so met tons of amazing people and got into some great projects. The journey has really taken me far and I'm excited for a lot of the new things that will present themselves to me.
4.) The Voice Acting Club Server and Boards - I first entered the VAC Discord server last year because I wanted to learn how to better myself as a voice actor and I can say I've definitely accomplished a lot from being in there. The boards have also given me amazing new opportunities for voice work and I've managed to book a lot of good gigs on that site. What I love most about the server is the connection we all have. Everyone is there is an amazing group of friends who stick together and help each other in times of need. I'm sticking around this server for a long time, that is certain.
5.) Pink Floyd- By far my favorite rock band of all time. These five dudes (five because I'm including Syd Barrett) broke new barriers in rock music and created many new innovations. With their complex instrumentation, lyrical depth, and theatrical and technically amazing live stage performances, it's no secret that this band is going to win the hearts of millions for years to come.
6.) David Bowie- We talk a lot about him on VAC and he's a great man to be talked about. An amazing figure in the field of popular music, this man has had a successful and long lasting career, becoming the king of glam rock and cutting across various genres such as rock, pop, disco, electronic, R&B, heavy metal, jazz, and many others. What I personally admire about him is his fearlessness in that he didn't care about how he presented himself on stage, nor cared what anybody thought of his stylistic changes. I think I've become a bigger fan of him since being in VAC and I'm even now still downloading tons of songs from him. Always listen to this guy, he's amazing.
7.) Guitar - When I first picked up the guitar at 13, I didn't know how I'd fare on it, or even if I'd be that good. About eight years later. I'm still playing the instrument and consider it a part of myself now. When I play guitar, I feel I'm able to travel into a different world made up of new sounds and experiences with each pick of the note and strumming of the chord. I'm still learning now as we speak and I know there are some things I can't do that others can do, but I still love this instrument for what it is, and it's grown to be a part of me.
8.) Singing - I first started singing as a little boy as a way to let out my energy and excitement. I always had a little singer inside of me, but I never pursued formal training in it until I was in college. With joining choir and studying under a coach for a while, I find that I can release the emotions in my voice a lot more now than I could before. I don't think I'll ever be an amazing singer, but I love doing it and nothing's gonna make me stop.
9.) Jennifer Lawrence - I mean come on, have you seen her in Hunger Games and X-Men? I love this woman!
10.) Movies - I see movies as being an escape from the real world. A movie can create the things in our imagination that we develop through reading books, and or our imaginations, especially if we are writers. Watching a movie is like travelling into a new world full of amazing people and a big adventure to take on. It's true there are some bad ones out there, but a good one always takes you on the journey.
11.) Anime- Like most, I see anime as being an expressive and innovative art form. The reasons why I see it as an art form are because, 1) It's different than a typical animated cartoon in that it tackles very serious subject matter and is much more mature and serious in its presentation and 2) because of the art style of it, which appears more hand-drawn. I feel CGI animation, while amazing, is taking over and we barely see any traditional animation as much anymore, and I feel anime is able to carry on the torch for that. There's a lot of cool new shows coming out that I'm always looking to check out and I hope a lot more comes soon.
12.) Diet Green Tea- I'm utterly obsessed with this stuff ever since my mom gave me a spot of this when I was 14. I'm always looking to get some of these whenever I can, and it's low calorie too!
13.) My mother and father- My mom is a passionate woman who always speaks up for what is right and never backs down in the face of wrongdoing. My father is a compassionate man who is always looking to help out those in need. Both of them always try to set me on the right path and I credit them for helping me to learn how to be passionate about my interests and always stick up for what I believe in.
14.) My sisters - Though they occasionally annoy me and often take me on boring shopping trips with them, I still love being around them cause they're always able to have me keep my chin up after a day of stress.
15.) Church - Yeah I'm a Catholic boy. I feel going to Church generates some kind of peace of mind and satisfaction for me and I see it as a place where you can escape the daily stress of the day and just focus on being in a happier mindset as you give your prayers to God and find some kind of direction from Him.
16.) My education - I feel my blessed to have been given a good education through high school and currently in college. I'm a person who loves to learn and while I'll admit it can be annoying having to study sometimes, I'm always willing to make the best impression I can in class and spread some kind of knowledge out there.
17.) My teachers - I know a lot of people talk about what teacher they dislike the most, but quite frankly I get along well with all my teachers. I feel a teacher is someone who we are supposed to trust and confide in whenever we have trouble and they are teaching us very valuable information that is a necessity for us to learn, even if we don't end up using it later on.
18.) My vocal coach Sara- When I started taking singing lessons, Sara became a person I heavily relied on to better myself at the technique. She's patient and understanding and knew of my limitations. She also helped me to discover the unique qualities about my voice, which helped me to gain more confidence in it and not be ashamed of it.
19.) My acting teacher Anne Lewis - Anne is one of the theater department's best professors and I was lucky to have taken a class with her to better my acting chops. She really gets down to the nitty gritty of everything and will be very honest with you on what you need to work on. When I met with her once, she told me that she found hidden potential inside me and that I needed to let myself loose a little more. I see her as a personal mentor to me and I'm happy to take more courses with her in the future.
20.) Filmmaking- As said before, I've always loved movies, to the point where I decided to become a filmmaker. What I love the most about filmmaking is that it encompasses so many facets such as writing, editing, sound design, producing, camera work. With my studies, I'm able to have a taste of all of these and I'm lucky I've gotten many great opportunities to hone my skills and challenge myself. I still have some things I struggle with, but filmmaking is something you're always learning and growing stronger at.
21.) Music- Music I feel is a combination of many different sounds, experiences, and stories. Whether songs or instrumentals, there is always a hidden beauty in every song. One of the reasons I became a musician was to make beautiful stories and I see every song I make or listen to as a great story being told by the artist in every lyric or every note that's played.
22.) Pasta - My inner Italian is always hungry for a spot of spaghetti and meatballs!
23.) Kingdom Hearts- This is my favorite video game series. The first time I played it at 7 years old, I did not expect that 14 years later I'd still be playing it. Now as I'm prepping for the third game, I realize how far I've come as a fan of the series and how it's really affected me as a person and a gamer.
24.) These amazing people (Kira Buckland, Jimmy Sherwood, WindLightHub, Bel Rusape, Malina Rose, Kunami13, BurningFaith, KissfromtheShadows, MagusVA, TunnelBerg, AkiSmash, Sarah Ruth Thomas, Madeline Dorroh) - I credit these fellow voice actors for helping me to realize my craft and showing me what it takes to become a VA. I've worked alongside them, talked with them, and heard stories from them and I'm glad to regard them as great friends. Check these people out and cast them for things, cause they are amazing!
25.) My life as a whole- I'll admit, I've had some ups and downs in my life and there are times I still struggle with insecurity and anxiety and thinking negatively of myself. But I always realize, there are more positive things about myself that outweigh the negative and I know there's a bright future for me ahead and I just need to remember that and let loose if I'm ever in a situation of uncertainty. I'm happy that I'm here and I realize I've done a lot of good things and there are people who hold me in good regard. That's enough for me to say, I know I'm a good guy!
Woah that was a lot of typing! Thank you!
Last Edit: Nov 3, 2018 16:15:03 GMT -8 by PatMikeVA
Post by theotakutopian on Nov 2, 2018 23:07:22 GMT -8
1. Finally taking the leap of faith into the voice over world after literally YEARS of worrying and waiting. 2. Finding the GVAA and meeting some nice people there. 3. Joining the VAC and meeting some interesting folks there. 4. “Super Smash Bros. Ultimate” having EVERY single fighting from “Smash’s” past coming back (even the Ice Climbers and Snake) as well as some new faces (Like Daisy and the Belmonts from “Castlevania”). 5. Attending the Otakon convention and doing plenty of cool stuff there. 6. Build-a-Bear Workshop offering “Pokemon” and “Super Mario”-related stuff. 7. Christmas specials and movies that I like and will probably watch again this year. (Like the anime special “Santa Company”). 8. My family, nuff said. 9. Having a voice over item warehouse in my home state. Albeit about 100 miles away, heh heh. 10. My local video game shop with its nice staff. 11. The Nintendo Switch and its stuff, including the aforementioned “Smash Bros.” game. 12. “Sword Art Online: Integral Factor”, a mobile game with an alternate timeline story starting my character. 13. Anime for featuring lots of great stories and genres. 14. Many voice artists whom I’ve admired. (Too many to count.) 15. Going out on Halloween on an unusually warm day/night for this season. 16. Cosplaying as an anime character with a self-made costume for Halloween. 17. My local Chinese/Oriental restaurant for serving food like sushi, pizza, pudding, and other stuff I like. 18. Some of my favorite YouTube channels. 19. I’m not dead yet. 20. English dubs can be crowdfunded (see “Skip Beat!”, “Time of Eve”, “ARIA”, and “Emma: A Victorian Romance”.) 21. I’m at least trying to open up more. 22. “Star Wars” for being a childhood favorite, even after all of the hustle and bustle going on recently. 23. Sanrio for some cute characters like Hello Kitty, Kuromi, Guderama, and Aggretsuko. 24. VRV for having multiple streaming services together. Although Funimation will be leaving next week, at least I got to see some great shows. And Hi-Dive should have some nice stuff foo. And a Crunchyroll is also good. 25. I actually managed to make a list of 25 things that I’m thankful for. (This one counts too.)
Post by ShadowRanma on Nov 4, 2018 22:19:39 GMT -8
Interesting. I'll throw my hat into this ring. I'm thankful for the following:
1. Nintendo Switch 2. Mega Man coming out of hiatus 3. Steam for people like me who can't afford another gaming system but still wants awesome games on their PC. 4. My Hero Academia (PLUS ULTRAAAAAAAA!!!) 5. FINALLY getting a new phone so I can play Fire Emblem Heroes and Pokemon Go. 6. Getting a full time job. 7. Moved out of my apartment and finally into my new house. 8. Great YouTubers like Markiplier, jacksepticeye, and the Game Grumps who puts smiles on everyone's faces for their gaming skills and hilarious commentary. 9. Buffalo Chicken sandwiches. 10. VAC where all the awesome people are and I'm honored to be a part of it. 11. My family. 12. Hathor Liderc and our small group for being such great friends. 13. The Brothers Chapman who still keep Homestar Runner going. 14. Square Enix for making Final Fantasy XIV Online an awesome game with an incredible storyline and memorable music. 15. Akira Toriyama for making Dragon Ball Super and creating my new all time favorite character, Beerus. 16. Deadpool 2. (GO X-FORCE!) 17. Bowsette. I don't know what you all think, but whoever made that idea is a FREAKIN' GENIUS! >: 3 18. Different varieties of flavor of Mountain Dew. 19. My friends both on and offline. 20. Robin Williams (Rest In Peace) for inspiring me to be myself and enjoy doing what I love. 21. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Whether or not that we'll get playable DLC characters of the ones we want, it's still going to be an awesome game. 22. Team Four Star, Something Witty Entertainment, and LittleKuriboh for making hilarious Abridged series of Dragon Ball Z, Sword Art Online, and Yu-Gi-Oh! respectively. 23. Adventure Time with Finn and Jake. For the young and the young at heart, the fun never ends even when the series ended. 24. Buffalo Chicken Salad. For making me feel like I'm eating healthier. 25. Being able to finish off 25 things that I'm thankful for.
1. My ability to pursue my creative passions 2. My family 3. My current financial status 4. Having multiple talents and interests 5. Being able to feel guilty for not working 6. CCC/VAC/SC 7. The people that mentored me in VO and, in turn, in life 8. The opportunities that have been given to me 9. My love of reading 10. My love of film 11. My drive to create 12. Being able to see a finished product 13. My drive to learn new and exciting things 14. Every book I've ever read/will read 15. All the friends I've made (IRL, Online) 16. Content creators that inspire me 17. The Internet 18. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (Animation as a whole) 19. Having people to talk to about whatever may come my way 20. My two dogs 21. The booth/creative tools I have access to 22. All the great school teachers I've had over the years. 23. Libraries 24. Thick skin (at least I hope I do) 25. Motivation to succeed.
Post by Tara St. Michel on Nov 7, 2018 16:21:11 GMT -8
Thanksgiving was last month for Canada, but I'll give this a go!
1. My family 2. My friends (both online and irl) 3. My patrons on Patreon 4. My followers and subscribers on YouTube and social media 5. Content creators who inspire me and drive me to improve, even if they don't know who I am 6. The opportunity to travel and see people I never get to see irl, even if it's not often 7. My friend's guinea pig, Stripe 8. Online opportunities to voice act so I don't have to move to gain experience 9. YouTube and the opportunity it gives me to share my creative work 10. Distrokid and Soundrop, for giving me a chance to turn singing into a Semi-Professional thing 11. Being able to live at home while I work on music and voice acting 12. The free community whisper room set up at the library 13. A quiet space to record 14. Nebulus Entertainment (the studio where I recorded my first original single release) 15. Anime 16. Kingdom Hearts (funny enough I found voice acting through KH fan projects) 17. Decent public transit 18. Lyft (even though I only get to use it when I travel to areas that have it) 19. VPNs (cause somethings the internet has limits depending on where you live) 20. Netflix 21. Music (can either complement or improve your mood) 22. Discord (so I can connect with people) 23. The internet (aka the reason most of what I do is possible) 24. Bunnies (what did we do to deserve bunnies?) 25. Cats (what did we do to deserve cats?)
Post by Michael Macaw on Nov 9, 2018 0:16:54 GMT -8
1) The amazing community I've joined over the past year. I wouldn't be doing what I am now without you all! 2) The actual progress I've made in voice acting. I went from absolute zero to actually being in multiple things in just over a year of effort. 3) My girlfriend! She pushed me to do better and even though I'm still struggling to manage my time properly, she really helped me get my life on track in more ways than one. 4) My new job! The commute is bad, but I've finally got a good full time job, which means I can finally start making some financial commitments again. 5) Having lots of good games to look forward to on the horizon. There's a ton coming out and a ton I've had backlogged until I could afford them. 6) As an addendum to #5, having most of those games be on the Switch. Makes it way easier for me to get some time in on my terrible commute or during my break at work. 7) Special mention goes specifically to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, because it's ~Smash Bros.~ lol 8) Having extremely supportive friends. I may not have the crowds of admirers that I sometimes envy others have, but the friends I have are amazing and help keep me going. 9) Anime. Just anime. It's good. 10) D&D! I love playing it with friends. I should really extend it to online sessions some time. 11) Birds. 12) More birds. 13) Mega Man. I'm so happy he's back and I hope the other variations of him come back too! 14) Cold medicine (been sick this week) 15) Chicken noodle soup (see above) 16) Ginger Ale (see above) 17) NOT being sick most of the time! 18) Having quick access to an entire city of good food while I'm spending 40+ hours a week at and around work. 19) Sushi! 20) Tobyfox. Everyone should always be thankful for him; he's great, his music's great, and his games are great. 21) Niche YouTubers. Look up LegalEagle, he's great even if you don't care much about lawyers. 22) My iPhone 6 for not only surviving almost three years and still going, but also surviving an exploded lithium ion battery inside of it due to a botched self-replacement job. I still don't know how I salvaged it and made it keep working. 23) The MCU for actually keeping me interested in mainstream superhero movies for the last 8-9 years. 24) That I was given the opportunity to help moderate this community. It's been fulfilling thus far and even helped me get my current job (as Volunteer Work on my resume). I apologize for not being as active as I was up til a few months ago. Once things settle in my life, I will try to be around more often. 25) That I have the self control not to make this a list of 50!
Post by KevinPaculanVA on Nov 11, 2018 13:56:35 GMT -8
Discovered this post on discord! Might as well join in.
What I'm thankful for: 1. My family 2. My pet fish named Linkavich Chomofsky (or just Link) 3. Having a job and being able to save money 4. Being done with college 5. Having close friends 6. Being able to shuffle a deck of cards with one hand until they split in half 7. Affording vocal lessons (which started just yesterday) 8. Having a place to live 9. Being somewhat fit 10.Knowing what I really want to do in my life now even though it won't be easy peasy (Voice acting) 11.Everyone from VAC that I know 12.Memories I made in college 13.Having watched all of Breaking Bad 14.Being Straightedge 15.Commuting every morning to work with my brother in 4AM in the morning 16.Finishing my NowVoiceThis submission haha 17.Overcoming the nerve wracking scenarios in my intro theatre courses 18.Having gone to my first game convention (PAX WEST Seattle) 19.Winning a challenge from Steve Blum's Blumvox Studio 20.Getting along with people at my workplace 21.Having weekends off 22.Owning Red Dead Redemption 2 even though I can't play it often 23.Having friends to team up with while playing Fortnite (I know I know, it's just for fun though) 24.Overcoming the hatred I had for the tongue twister, "You know New York, you need New York, you know you need unique New York." 25.Changing my username from ThePhantomPunk046 to my real name
Thank you everyone! Looking forward to the future everyday and what new art needs help!
lala: Hey fellow Voice actors, does anyone know how to set up the UAD apollo twin MKII with reaper? im getting some distortion when recording, could it be something to do with a match in the sample rate? latency? Im new to producing my own work, thanks!
Jun 12, 2019 3:12:09 GMT -8
LadyStardust: lala I would ask in the #audio-and-tech channel on our Discord server!
Jun 12, 2019 21:37:22 GMT -8
lexipt: Hello all! I’m looking for a great/legitimate voice acting or just plain acting class or workshop in the Reno NV area. Any suggestions?
Jun 16, 2019 21:35:50 GMT -8
gtsfan: Hey Everyone! I just posted a thread in the audio projects! We are looking for a woman capable of range for our adult horror anthology series-QUEENAGE! Check it out if you are interested!
Jun 23, 2019 22:08:13 GMT -8
cristiansp: this morning i finally got accepted into voice bunny. what should I do?
Jun 24, 2019 12:54:49 GMT -8
cristiansp: Hey everybody, btw
Jun 24, 2019 12:55:01 GMT -8
alexanderdoddy: Start auditioning for everything you can do!
Jun 25, 2019 0:59:16 GMT -8
alexanderdoddy: Just a heads-up folks. The Shoutbox isn't as popular as it was as we tend to hang out on the discord channel. Make sure to post your questions and projects there as well!
Jun 25, 2019 1:00:48 GMT -8
Brittany Ann Phillips: ^ The link to the discord server can be found under "Rules and Announcements!" ^_^
Jun 25, 2019 18:04:30 GMT -8
suitsnnukes: Currently seeking 1 deep, clear male voice for a horror project, search "Aquacreep" if interested -- thanks!!
Jul 17, 2019 8:27:40 GMT -8
halcyonwinds: Looking for mature female voice that will play Dr. Juliet Wu in our upcoming indie video game Cepheus Protocol - post going up soon!
Jul 17, 2019 15:24:01 GMT -8
alonsobetancor: Hey all! Casting calls are still up for the new radio play "Memories of Id". In particular, we are still looking for a female VA to play Lisa. For anyone that's interested please check out voiceacting.boards.net/thread/3421/memories-existential-radioplay
Jul 19, 2019 14:01:10 GMT -8