Post by LadyStardust on Nov 22, 2018 0:43:40 GMT -8
All riiiight! Thanksgiving is tomorrow so it's finally my turn to do this! No particular order here, just things that come to mind.
1. Thankful that I leveled up my career so much in the past year. From new opportunities and connections to bettering my relationship with existing studios and getting better at the business and accounting side of things.
2. My four wonderful cats.
3. Updates from the adopted family of the two pumpkin kittens I fostered last year.
4. The VAC server and its fantastic and supportive community overall. We are at nearly 2,000 members and have grown exponentially!
5. The fact that I've been able to help people in some way whether it's giving advice or just encouragement.
6. My family
7. A friend group that is largely free of toxic energy
8. DAVID BOWIE
9. Voice acting in Soul Calibur---as two characters, no less!
10. Attending my first E3 and being on a Square Enix stream
11. Slowly becoming a more confident person in general and trying to pay less attention to negativity directed my way
12. A full year of using my awesome pink sound booth, "The Stardust Room"
13. New website/branding (thanks Adam!)
14. Finally changing my damn twitter handle after all these years, even though it meant losing verification
15. My best friend of over a decade who I get to see this weekend
16. JoJo part 5!
17. Lots more convention and travel opportunities
18. Getting to spend time with my family back home in early December (finally)
19. Incredibly busy year of work, to the point where I actually had to quit my day job
20. Finally taking the plunge and hosting workshops---and I'm really thankful that people have told me those workshops have been helpful to them
21. The mod & admin team at the VAC for keeping the ship running when I'm often busy
22. The NieR:Automata fanbase, they are so sweet and generous to the English cast overall!
23. Finally getting to the point where I can be more firm about rates and ask for industry-appropriate rates with a lot of independent clients or turn away work that does not respect proper VO budgets
24. Got to see my former roommate get married and be a bridesmaid in her wedding
Post by TeffiniWynn on Nov 22, 2018 5:30:07 GMT -8
I put this off for too long!! But some additional stuff I can get on here happened so I guess the timing is EXTRA fine with it being right on Thanksgiving day.
1) The fact that I even have the situation that I do. I can always push forward for even better things, but I do live in a space of some contentment. I just wanna be more fulfilled tho!! 2) For the most part, modern medicine 3) Being able to be... girl 4) Smartphones so I can stay connected with y'all at any time 5) Looking cute as heck 6) Gradually getting more powerful at 3 and 5 7) Having a cute as heck irl name that I chose myself 8) The media and stories that I love in general 9) ESPECIALLY stuff like NieR: Automata 10) MINI 2B 11) Animals! And nature in general, I suppose. Except some of the scary stuff. 12) My family for being supportive of who I am and where I'm wanting to go in life. 13) The fact that I've come as far as I have with Incompatible Species. 14) Coming up with a story and characters so personal to me. 15) The people involved with IncomSpe and the awesome work they've done! 16) Being able to go to AX this year and see a bunch of friends and experience said convention (hopefully next year too!) 17) My enthusiasm for voice over and efforts to get into it! 18) The crispiest, juiciest, most seasoned of chicken tendies. 19) The finest sauces to accompany 18. 20) The sweetest of teas! 21) Getting past NVT3 round 1! 22) VAC as a resource and hub for cool folks like y'all. 23) Snagging a spot for a Crispin Freeman workshop -- wish me luck next Saturday! 24) RIDLEY'S FINALLY IN SMASH BAYBEE 25) My friends who I all love and adore, with VAC or outside it! <3
C_Squint: Hi Y'all, thanks again for answering my question from before. Again with resumes, like the thread example, if the Company's/Developer's name is too long and goes into the second line, how should we format it?
Jan 11, 2020 20:36:28 GMT -8