Post by LadyStardust on Nov 22, 2018 0:43:40 GMT -8
All riiiight! Thanksgiving is tomorrow so it's finally my turn to do this! No particular order here, just things that come to mind.
1. Thankful that I leveled up my career so much in the past year. From new opportunities and connections to bettering my relationship with existing studios and getting better at the business and accounting side of things.
2. My four wonderful cats.
3. Updates from the adopted family of the two pumpkin kittens I fostered last year.
4. The VAC server and its fantastic and supportive community overall. We are at nearly 2,000 members and have grown exponentially!
5. The fact that I've been able to help people in some way whether it's giving advice or just encouragement.
6. My family
7. A friend group that is largely free of toxic energy
8. DAVID BOWIE
9. Voice acting in Soul Calibur---as two characters, no less!
10. Attending my first E3 and being on a Square Enix stream
11. Slowly becoming a more confident person in general and trying to pay less attention to negativity directed my way
12. A full year of using my awesome pink sound booth, "The Stardust Room"
13. New website/branding (thanks Adam!)
14. Finally changing my damn twitter handle after all these years, even though it meant losing verification
15. My best friend of over a decade who I get to see this weekend
16. JoJo part 5!
17. Lots more convention and travel opportunities
18. Getting to spend time with my family back home in early December (finally)
19. Incredibly busy year of work, to the point where I actually had to quit my day job
20. Finally taking the plunge and hosting workshops---and I'm really thankful that people have told me those workshops have been helpful to them
21. The mod & admin team at the VAC for keeping the ship running when I'm often busy
22. The NieR:Automata fanbase, they are so sweet and generous to the English cast overall!
23. Finally getting to the point where I can be more firm about rates and ask for industry-appropriate rates with a lot of independent clients or turn away work that does not respect proper VO budgets
24. Got to see my former roommate get married and be a bridesmaid in her wedding
Post by TeffiniWynn on Nov 22, 2018 5:30:07 GMT -8
I put this off for too long!! But some additional stuff I can get on here happened so I guess the timing is EXTRA fine with it being right on Thanksgiving day.
1) The fact that I even have the situation that I do. I can always push forward for even better things, but I do live in a space of some contentment. I just wanna be more fulfilled tho!! 2) For the most part, modern medicine 3) Being able to be... girl 4) Smartphones so I can stay connected with y'all at any time 5) Looking cute as heck 6) Gradually getting more powerful at 3 and 5 7) Having a cute as heck irl name that I chose myself 8) The media and stories that I love in general 9) ESPECIALLY stuff like NieR: Automata 10) MINI 2B 11) Animals! And nature in general, I suppose. Except some of the scary stuff. 12) My family for being supportive of who I am and where I'm wanting to go in life. 13) The fact that I've come as far as I have with Incompatible Species. 14) Coming up with a story and characters so personal to me. 15) The people involved with IncomSpe and the awesome work they've done! 16) Being able to go to AX this year and see a bunch of friends and experience said convention (hopefully next year too!) 17) My enthusiasm for voice over and efforts to get into it! 18) The crispiest, juiciest, most seasoned of chicken tendies. 19) The finest sauces to accompany 18. 20) The sweetest of teas! 21) Getting past NVT3 round 1! 22) VAC as a resource and hub for cool folks like y'all. 23) Snagging a spot for a Crispin Freeman workshop -- wish me luck next Saturday! 24) RIDLEY'S FINALLY IN SMASH BAYBEE 25) My friends who I all love and adore, with VAC or outside it! <3
Welcome to the shoutbox, a fun place for quick chat with other members! For more discussion, join our Discord server: https://discord.gg/VGvsgyx
LadyStardust: lala I would ask in the #audio-and-tech channel on our Discord server!
Jun 12, 2019 21:37:22 GMT -8
lexipt: Hello all! I’m looking for a great/legitimate voice acting or just plain acting class or workshop in the Reno NV area. Any suggestions?
Jun 16, 2019 21:35:50 GMT -8
gtsfan: Hey Everyone! I just posted a thread in the audio projects! We are looking for a woman capable of range for our adult horror anthology series-QUEENAGE! Check it out if you are interested!
Jun 23, 2019 22:08:13 GMT -8
cristiansp: this morning i finally got accepted into voice bunny. what should I do?
Jun 24, 2019 12:54:49 GMT -8
cristiansp: Hey everybody, btw
Jun 24, 2019 12:55:01 GMT -8
alexanderdoddy: Start auditioning for everything you can do!
Jun 25, 2019 0:59:16 GMT -8
alexanderdoddy: Just a heads-up folks. The Shoutbox isn't as popular as it was as we tend to hang out on the discord channel. Make sure to post your questions and projects there as well!
Jun 25, 2019 1:00:48 GMT -8
Brittany Ann Phillips: ^ The link to the discord server can be found under "Rules and Announcements!" ^_^
Jun 25, 2019 18:04:30 GMT -8
suitsnnukes: Currently seeking 1 deep, clear male voice for a horror project, search "Aquacreep" if interested -- thanks!!
Jul 17, 2019 8:27:40 GMT -8
halcyonwinds: Looking for mature female voice that will play Dr. Juliet Wu in our upcoming indie video game Cepheus Protocol - post going up soon!
Jul 17, 2019 15:24:01 GMT -8
alonsobetancor: Hey all! Casting calls are still up for the new radio play "Memories of Id". In particular, we are still looking for a female VA to play Lisa. For anyone that's interested please check out voiceacting.boards.net/thread/3421/memories-existential-radioplay
Jul 19, 2019 14:01:10 GMT -8
DPN Talent: Thanks for the post. Its been really amazing and knowledgeable for the newbies.Though its long but worth reading.
Aug 19, 2019 22:19:06 GMT -8
solomonsmithvo: Hey guys! I don't really post much at all, but I'd like to say thanks for being such a friendly and helpful place!
Aug 30, 2019 18:52:14 GMT -8
kranzberry: Glad to be here!
Sept 2, 2019 13:08:14 GMT -8
kalcaman: I'M BACK. OG VAC MEMBER BABYYYYYYY. Hi again all
Sept 8, 2019 20:01:10 GMT -8
WinterRose: Looking to cast SEVERAL parts including two principal roles in an adaptation of Transmetropolitan! Come have a look at the thread in the Unpaid Auditions - Animated & Visual projects. If you're a fan of the comic, I'm doing all of it! So drop me an aud!
Sept 19, 2019 16:24:06 GMT -8
plasticpproductions: Hi there! I am making a LEGO stop motion movie and I am hoping to launch the Kickstarter as soon as possible. The voices that I posted here are for the Kickstarter and the movie. Pop over to the Unpaid Auditions - TRANSFORMATION A Brickfilm"
Sept 21, 2019 12:19:31 GMT -8