[CLOSED] Fire Emblem Echoes: Ciphers of Valentia Ch. 0 Auds Jul 31, 2019 17:23:36 GMT -8
Post by pokejedservo on Jul 31, 2019 17:23:36 GMT -8
Fire Emblem Echoes: Ciphers of Valentia Chapter 0 Auditions
Ladies & Gentlemen! Welcome to the Casting Call for my fic “Fire Emblem Echoes: Ciphers of Valentia” which is an expanded retelling of Fire Emblem Echoes Shadows of Valentia. (First of all, yes I’m aware that Fire Emblem Echoes is an expanded retelling of Fire Emblem Gaiden but let's just say I’m one of those who felt that Echoes didn’t quite expand enough).
This project will be for a voice-acted adaptation of my fic series “Fire Emblem Echoes: Ciphers of Valentia” which like I said before is an expanded retelling of the game Fire Emblem Echoes Shadows of Valentia in which you can read at either one of these sites...
Archive Of Our Own
In which things will start off at the Prologue which is set in Ram Village during Alm & Celica’s childhood but with a fair amount of changes (including Nomah making an earlier appearance for example) in which there will be more changes in future chapters that I will go over with in the future. Anyways here are the Rules/Guidelines for this… *ahem*
* You can record your auditions in separate lines like "(Name)_(CharacterName)_1" or do all your audition lines in one clip like "(Name)_(CharacterName)". However please do not put in filler like introducing yourself and such.
* Impersonations are not required but feel free to pull them off if you can.
* Deadline is 9/19/19 though I may extend the deadline if necessary.
* I can accept lines as MP3 or WAV
* Please send auditions in a zipped folder titled "(YourName)_FireEmblemCiphersOfValentiaChapter0" at either Pokejedservo@msn.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, and on that email say whether you did the auditions at Voice Acting Club or by Google Docs,
* I can't accept .RAR files so if you can't send your auditions via a Zip folder you can upload your auditions to one of these sites and send them to me either by email or by a reply in this post.
* When you send your email to me place the subject as "Name_FireEmblemCiphersOfValentiaCh0Auds"
* All of these roles will appear in later chapters (yes even the Soldiers) so I will most likely ask you to reprise for these roles in the future. (Especially all the male roles and maybe the female roles, the male/female roles are uncertain.)
* This is more of a suggestion but I do strongly recommend that if you audition that you should audition for at least more than one role. I admit I do try to keep the amount of auditioners who didn't get a role at all in any way to a minimum. So let’s just say it would help your chances.
Please look here before you auditionPronunciation Guide
Or if you like you can hear my pronunciation guide at…And now without further adieu, the roles.
[Note: I’m letting both men & women get a chance to voice the kid versions of the boys here. While yes all 4 of them had the same VAs as their teenage counterparts in the prologue but that was in the English version since in the Japanese version the only case of “grown man voicing a small boy” was Alm so I can go either way. That being said ladies if I can give any of these 4 to a lady then you will most likely only play them in this chapter.]
Voice Type: Moderately High, Kind, Bold, Caring
Reference Clip: vocaroo.com/i/s1ucdeCfVlWb
Bio: Our young hero of the story is this boy who is being raised in Ram Village with the old veteran knight Sir Mycen. Ever since the young lady Celica moved into Ram Village and lived with him and Mycen he & Celica have been rather close. (In which his friends would at times think a little too close.) But rest assured Alm still does very much care about his friends, especially when he comes to their rescue when one of Slayde’s men gets a bit too eager near Faye. While Alm is normally a calm & happy child he does have some issues, namely how he knows very little of his family history can be a bit depressed about that.
1. (Beginning to read a story) Once upon a time, there was a god named Duma and a goddess named Mila who fought each other bitterly for an age.
2. (Having a little laugh to suddenly concerned) Say uh… Celica there is something I’ve been wondering about.
3. (Bold & Heroic, Eager for Battle) No means no you sick prick, I am Alm from Ram Village and I have been training with my Grandpa so I will one day protect Ram from creeps like you!
4. (Very angry & confrontational, Re Solder A Aud Line 5) EXCUSE ME?! Are you going to turn a blind eye to what that creep was doing to one of my friends? You guys are supposed to be Guardsmen, you are supposed to be protecting the innocent not harassing or attacking them!
5. (Friendly & Cheerful) Oh well anyone who is a friend of my Grandpa, is a friend of mine.
6. (Sad but understanding to trying hard not to cry) I understand, but still, I guess it is more than just because she was from outside of Ram Village. I know that I have friends in Ram but… but… *sniffle* they have siblings and they have parents… while I… I don’t… well I don’t think I do… do I? All I have in my family is my Grandpa and I’ve tried asking him about the world outside of Ram and my family but… but he won’t tell me anything. *whimper*
Voice Type: Moderate to Moderately High, Friendly, Snarky, Down-to-Earth, Playful
Reference Clip: vocaroo.com/i/s1UQ7WK8TAKY
Bio: One of Alm’s friends at Ram Village who is often quick with a joke and is a rather down-to-earth fella. However Gray is also a bit of a realist so he might show a more cynical side to him but he will have your back in a pinch. He also has a “Those Two Guys” dynamic with Tobin.
1. (Calm but slightly annoyed) Faye, are you looking for Alm again?
2. (Highly amused at Kliff’s expense) Oh gods, Kliff as the baby boy oh that is rich…
3. (Very Snarky & amused to slightly surprised.) Uh-oh looks like someone is thinking hard, hey Faye you might want to change his diaper if things get too stinky. Speaking of which hey Kliff blink twice if Faye has ever made you wear a diaper recently. *Kliff does blink twice* Whoa really? Kliff I… I was just kidding.
4. (Trying to be rational.) Yeah guys usually when someone other than Sir Mycen shows up its just some traveler or some peddler so I’m sure it would be fine.
5. (Calm to Shocked & Amazed) Okay guys I think we should be finding our visitors right about… What the?! Okay I did not see this coming; well these guys are definitely not peddlers.
6. (Nervous to trying to sound civil) Kliff are you trying to get us in trouble here? Uhh… what I mean is… heh heh eh please don’t mind my friend’s little display of rudeness here. We normally don’t get visitors of your prestige & caliber here in quaint little Ram Village.
Voice Type: Moderately High, Energetic, Youthful, Curious
Reference Clip: vocaroo.com/i/s1Y7U2VcWqiz
Bio: Another one of Alm’s friends in Ram Village is this energetic excitable young man. While Tobin does have a tendency to tease his friends he is a good boy at heart. Besides to be fair Tobin has more than occasionally been picked on for his well-meaning naive ways as well.
1. (Gleefully teasing) Hey Gray, maybe we can treat Alm to duet of him and Celica “K-I-S-S-I-N-G” in a tree if you know what I mean? Heh heh…
2. (Mocking Baby Talk) Aw wittle Kwiffy aren’t you just the cutest wittle baby ever? Heh heh heh… Oh wook at those chubby wittle cheeks.
3. (Very nervous, trying to talk his way out of trouble) Uhh… uh what I meant was, well you know Faye, Kliff is so right that you have no need to worry about Alm, right Gray?
4. (Curious & Eager) Hey maybe we should go check & see who is visiting Ram Village?
5. (Excited Fan-boy Mode) WOW! Real Knights from Zofia! This is so cool!
6. (Awkward & slightly nervous, Re; Kliff Aud Line 5) Oh… right, I knew that.
Voice Type: Moderate to Moderately High, Boyish, Intellectual, Somewhat standoffish
Reference Clip: vocaroo.com/i/s0fSZtsW9bs1
Bio: The youngest and smallest of the 4 Ram Village boys is this young man in the slightly fancier clothes. Unlike the aforementioned 3 boys he seems to value brains more so than brawn as he likes to think of himself as more of the intellectual of the crew as he has his fair share of issues. In this version of the story Faye likes to play house and have herself be the Mommy. Alm be the Daddy and Kliff as the Baby Boy in which he hates that at first. (But has grown to become a bit conflicted about that in later chapters.)
1. (Annoyed & somewhat snarky) Really Tobin & Grey, really? You two jerks would use me as a human shield in front of Faye huh? *sigh* Note to self when I become a Mage when I get older use these two idiots for target practice.
2. (Frustrated & Embarrassed, Re Faye Aud Line 2) FAYE! How many times have I told you to stop calling me that?!
3. (Really annoyed to gleefully devious) Grrrr…. *then suddenly Kliff has a devious grin on his face* Hmmm… Oh Faye, uh I mean, Mommy you wouldn’t let those mean bullies pick on your poor sweet baby boy huh?
4. (Slightly nervous) I… I dunno guys shouldn’t we go check with one of the grown-ups first?
5. (Snobby Know-it-All Tone) Uh, Tobin while the guy in purple is a knight but you do know that those other guys are just Soldiers right?
6. (Annoyed & offended) Hey wait a minute; according to my mother I thought only noblemen can become knights in Zofia.
[Note: Well Ladies unlike the boys if you are cast as Kid Celica and/or Faye then I will most likely ask you to reprise as their teenage selves but only have your voices slightly lowered.]
Voice Type: Moderately High to High, Cute, Caring, Polite, Mature for her age
Reference Clip: vocaroo.com/i/s00oEDGOxqSA
Bio: Our Heroine of this story Ladies & Gents, Celica is a young girl who recently moved into Ram Village with Mycen & Alm in which she likes to call the former Grandpapa. (Even though she is well aware that Mycen is not her actual Grandpa in which she considers him to be the nice old man who saved her from her old home.) In which when Celica lives in Ram Village she and Alm have become close friends but that being said she can be willing to firmly call Alm out during a disagreement. But while she was happily living in Ram until a certain incident occurred where she accepts the fact that she will be moving to the Novis Priory instead. While there will be more changes for Celica later but one change in this story for now is how she not only gets her moments with Alm but also has one with Faye as well.
1. (Innocently Inquisitive) Hey, why did Mila and Duma have to fight so much? Couldn't they just say they were sorry?
2. (Shocked & slightly flustered) WHAT?! Whe… where did this come from?!
3. (Calm & Rational) Oh Faye the real reason why I spend so much time with Alm is because I live with him and my Grandpapa, that’s it. Oh sure Grandpapa does want Alm and I to spend a lot of time together so we get to know each-other but I think it's because we have that special mark on our hands.
4. (Apologetic to Annoyed) What? Oh Faye I’m so sorry I never wanted Alm to replace you guys with me, honest. Oh that Alm I really ought to have a talk with him over this.
5. (Calm & Polite) So you are Sir Nomah, pleased to meet you.
6. (Somber announcement) That maybe so sir but I do know what needs to be done. *ahem* Everyone I will be going to the Novis Priory with Sir Nomah and live with him for now on. I will be leaving Ram Village by tomorrow morning, goodbye everyone.
Voice Type: Moderately High to High, Cute, Youthful, Affectionate, Caring
Reference Clip: vocaroo.com/i/s1cKeRewITDk
Bio: This young lady here is the token girl among Alm’s crew of friends (aside from Celica) from Ram Village. Faye is well known for having a bit of a fixation on Alm (which will only get stronger & stronger as she gets older). However despite her strong fixation on Alm and her concern over how close he can be with Celica, Faye does not hate Celica in which she even gets a nice little moment of friendship with her. One of Faye’s hobbies then is getting to trying to get Alm to play house with him as the Daddy and herself as the Mommy in which Kliff is their baby boy. (Much to Kliff’s chagrin.) However while Faye considers herself to be quite the romantic she also has a tougher side in she can make sure that Gray & Tobin don’t pick on those like Alm & Kliff.
1. (Really nervous) *whimper* Don’t say things like that! You know that scares me right? Oh now your making me wonder if Alm is going to marry Celica.
2. (Melodramatic and slightly defensive) Oh you boys never understood that innocent young maidens like me take True Love very seriously!
3. (Faux-Sweet to Intimidating, Re: Tobin Aud Line 1) You boys are not thinking of picking on my poor sweet Alm, right?
4. (Calm to really getting into her “Mommy” role) I suppose your right Kliff, after all just earlier this week I was trying to go play house with Alm in which I’m of course the Mommy, Alm is the daddy… *Faye hugs Kliff* and Kliff is our wittle baby boy.
5. (Amused & Cheerful) Really Celica? You got Sir Mycen to wear a flower wreath; oh I wish I got to see that. *giggle*
6. (Eager & Affectionate) Oh yes Sir Nomah, Alm has always been special to me especially ever since he saved me from that mean guard, Alm is my Knight in Shining Armor.
Voice Type: Moderate to Moderately Low, Gruff, Elderly, Firm but Caring, Stern
Reference Voice: vocaroo.com/i/s18NejjrcC9j
Bio: A proud old knight who is one of the most powerful & prominent knights in all of Valentia in which he is the adoptive grandfather of Alm. (However Alm is not aware of the “adoptive” part which is something that Nomah will argue with him about later on in the chapter.) Anyways Mycen has been taking care of Alm & Celica as a Firm but genuinely caring teacher & mentor. However during an incident when Slayde & a few guardsmen from Zofia Castle accidentally stumbled into Ram Village Mycen knew it was time to get Celica to the Novis Priory.
1. (Calm but firm order) Alm, you take the others back into Ram Village for safety, I will be dealing with our visitors myself.
2. (Cocky & slightly amused) Decrepit Old Has-been? My, you seem to be quite confident; it’s amazing how someone like you managed to survive this long. One moment… Gentlemen this is Steel Ore, the same kind of material that is used for your armor & spears. Watch this… *brief pause* HIYAH!
3. (Intimidating Threat) I’m only going to say this once you vulgar degenerate so listen carefully, the only union you should be concerned of, is the one between your head and your shoulders. Do I make myself clear?
4. (Calm, Caring but Firm) Now settle down children. Celica needs to finish her packing before she leaves with Sir Nomah tomorrow morning alright?
5. (Offended & Defensive) Paranoid? I am not Paranoid I’m being properly cautious!
6. (Nervous, slightly guilt-stricken, trying to save face) Even so, I must follow the plan for Alm as much as I can. You know very well how loyal I am to his father. The boy is a Bearer of the Brand so you need to understand why he must not know who he is yet. Its… it’s for the Greater Good for Valentia!
Voice Type: Moderate to Moderately Low, Regal, Snobbish, Slightly Rough
Reference Clip: vocaroo.com/i/s0KM6gmcdJqT
Bio: One of the knights from Zofia Castle in which he and a few of the Zofia Castle Guardsmen were on a Recon Mission in which they ended up finding Ram Village. One can notice on how in this version of the story he is significantly less malicious here but is still a snobbish egotistical classist though. (In which it's implied that his little history with Mycen & Celica went in a somewhat different direction.)
1. (Cranky & Whiny) Ugh I can’t believe I was assigned to doing this recon job out in the middle of nowhere. Soldier, where are we?
2. (Smug to Slightly Bombastic Intro) Ah my adoring public, yes it is none other than I, the brave noble sir Slayde, Knight of Zofia, here to pay this humble… quaint little establishment a visit.
3. (Mildly Impressed & Interested) Ram Wine? Oh my, I’ve heard that drink is actually pretty good, maybe this won’t be such a waste of time after all.
4. (Calm & slightly disgusted to smug & snarky) Yes well that “Cherubic Little Cutie” is a small little girl, now cease this rather crude display of misbehavior at once soldier so we can get some of this Wine that this village is somewhat known for. But when we go in if you try to talk to any more ladies do try to find someone a little more age appropriate. In fact, do us all a favor and make sure her age is at least in the double digits alright?
5. (Shocked & Nervous to trying to sound Brave) M…M…Mycen wha… what are you doing here I… I… *brief pause* Soldiers! A..at times like this there is only one thing we must do… RETREAT!
6. (Dumbfounded by Creepy Soldier’s suicidal overconfidence, Re: Creepy Soldier Aud Line 6) Oh by the gods it’s like this imbecile wants to die.
Voice Type: Moderate, Elderly, Calm, Wise, Friendly
Reference Clip: www.behindthevoiceactors.com/_audio/actor_char/368_187165.mp3
Bio: Yes folks Nomah will make an earlier appearance here in this version of the story as Mycen gets Nomah to visit Ram Village before Celica leaves Ram to move to the Novis Priory. Anyways Nomah is the sagacious old head priest at the Novis Priory whom is a kind & caring father figure & mentor. But while Nomah can be quite serious when the situation calls for it but can also have a nice light sense of humor and he also can have some “dirty old man” tendencies. (In which this will become more apparent in later chapters.) Nomah and Mycen are old friends whom have known each-other for years but that being said Nomah can be quite willing to debate with Mycen and call him out over certain disagreements. (Namely accusing Mycen of being a bit too secretive & controlling to Alm.)
1. (Calm & Friendly Introduction) Greetings little ones my name is Nomah, I’m an old friend of Sir Mycen and I am the head priest at the Novis Priory. Ah you must be Alm & Celica; Sir Mycen has told me much about you two.
2. (Confident to playful goading) Oh come now Mycen, I can assure you that the Mailbox at the Priory would be perfectly safe. Besides do you really want to say no to these precocious little faces?
3. (Amused & impressed) Oh my, well Alm you seem to be quite the little ladies man at such a young age, oh I must say that is quite impressive.
4. (Calm & confident, Re: Mycen Audition Line 5) Really now, oh don’t be a fool Mycen even if DeSaix does find out that Celica is in the Novis Priory there is very little he can actually do about that.
5. (Offended & angrily calling Mycen out) Excuse me?! You forget yourself Mycen, I am not one of your soldiers I have been a loyal ally of yours for decades but that doesn’t mean I’m blindly loyal! I know you were born & raised in Rigel, the land that preaches of Discipline & Order but you are raising the boy in Zofia. And here in Zofia we value empathy & family far more than control! I must confess that I feel a bit disgusted at myself for being complicit with your lies by my silence. Do not make me regret that mistake again.
6. (Still angry but trying to reason, is also sad for Alm) Yes the boy does have quite the destiny but is it because of the brand in his hand or is it by you & his father’s hand? Mycen, you talk about how this is “for the Greater Good” but Alm is a 7 year old boy who feels sad & isolated since he knows nothing about his family or the world outside this village. Do you know what that boy is thinking; have you seen the sadness in his eyes? I warn you Mycen if you do not tell the boy the truth then one way or another, someone else will.
Zofian Soldier A
Voice Type: Moderate, Serious, Dutiful, Slightly High-Strung
Bio: One of the Soldiers who was working at Zofia Castle who was a part of the Recon Mission that Slayde was leading. This guy is a Soldier who takes his job very seriously and tries to be professional as he can even in somewhat uneasy situations.
1. (Informative & slightly nervous) Sir a…according to the map we are at a small settlement called Ram Village.
2. (Slightly surprised) What the, it’s a bunch of kids.
3. (Trying to hide his disappointment) Bread & Oranges… that would make a decent snack at best.
4. (Bothered by Creepy Soldier’s vulgar behavior) Yeah you really should stop doing that.
5. (Trying to calmly defuse a situation) Easy there kid while yes it is true that Soldiers can’t go around making threats to villagers but we can detain unruly kids and send them to their parents, so calm down kid.
6. (Shocked by Mycen’s prowess, Re: Mycen Audition Line 2) By the gods… did… did he just split that steel ore in half?!
Zofian Soldier B
Voice Type: Moderate to Moderately Low, Calm, Concerned, Professional
Bio: One of the other soldiers who was a part of the Recon Mission team that Slayde was leading. This Soldier is a family man who feels a bit uncomfortable that this incident was involving children that are about his daughter’s age. This role has the smallest amount of lines and I will admit that yes most of them are about his family.
1. (Calm but slightly surprised, Re: Soldier A Aud Line 2) Yeah they look like they are about my kids’ age.
2. (Disgusted at Creepy Soldier) *sigh* Note to self do not invite this guy to my little girl’s birthday party next week.
3. (Really nervous as he stays loyal) Uh Sir Slayde I have a wife and child at home so I have some reasons to value my life so I think I’ll be following your orders sir.
Voice Type: Moderately Low, Gruff, Devious, Sleazy, Impulsive
Reference Clip: vocaroo.com/i/s1cpb9GntV9I
Bio: One of the Guardsmen at Zofia Castle who was a part of the Recon Mission Team that Slayde was leading. This guy will get a bigger role in this version as while Slayde is somewhat more pleasant and the other soldiers are not bad at all but this guy is easily the villain in the prologue. Namely after being in a recon mission for some time he has developed some urges and fondles little Faye even after when everyone else told him not to. While this guy initially did not take Slayde seriously at all at first until Slayde had to practically force him to obey orders. In which while this soldier seems to be a cocky braggart but is also a bit of a dirty coward as he would be fine with picking fights to death threats to small boys for “acting uppity” but will back down in terror if an authority figure has him by lance-point.
1. (Annoyed to deviously eager) What does it look like? I’ve been on this blasted recon mission for a few days and all I’ve been seeing are just a bunch of trees! It’s been far too long since I’ve known the touch of a woman and this cherubic little cutie here is the closest thing to a woman I’ve seen lately.
2. (Defensive to Sleazy) Oh lay off, like I said before, I haven’t been near a woman in days so food isn’t the only thing I hunger. C’mere you little cherub I want to see if you make a sweet little treat. Oh you feel so nice & soft you little cutie, a shame you aren’t a little bit older otherwise I would be getting more to grab. Heh heh heh…
3. (Shocked & Furious) OW! So you’re the little punk who sucker-punched me?!
4. (Angry to Menacing) Let’s get one thing straight you little punk, a couple of lucky shots doesn’t make you a tough guy! Remember that when I start cracking some skulls. Oh wait I got a better idea, I have my spear with me. So give me one good reason why I shouldn’t use you little punks for target practice.
5. (Indignant to trying to save face) Stand down?! Wha… what for, uh I mean uh… c’mon sir, I'm trying to restore my honor as a Zofian Guardsman!
6. (Very cocky & smug) Yeah I know that Old Man Mycen here was one of the biggest & baddest knights around but that was like what about 2 to 3 decades ago? This old fossil here is probably more likely to break his hip than break someone else’s skull. Why we would be the laughingstock of the Zofia Guardsmen’s Union if we don’t even bother to try to take this old man on. So c’mon you guys we can take this decrepit old has-been down easily.
Hope to hear from you all soon!