VAC MEETUP AT ANIME EXPO 7/7! Jun 28, 2018 23:37:21 GMT -8
Post by LadyStardust on Jun 28, 2018 23:37:21 GMT -8
This has been asked for and talked about at length in our Discord server, so I'm happy to finally reveal the details for our VAC community meetup at Anime Expo in Los Angeles! Time to put faces to names and hang out with your fellow voice actors and content creators!
Saturday, July 7
6:00 ~ 7:00 PM
L.A. Live Plaza (the area outside of Starbucks/YardHouse/JW Marriott entrance)
800 W. Olympic Blvd
Possible dinner to follow at Tom's Urban or other nearby restaurant*
*Please bring cash if you wish to attend the dinner. Many restaurants will not split checks for large parties during busy events.
Q: Is this an official AX event?
A: No. This is a community meetup being held due to the fact that a good number of our members will be attending the convention.
Q: I don't have an AX badge; will it be a problem for me to enter the area?
A: Nope! Our event is actually being held outside convention grounds, right across the street.
Q: How do I get to the plaza from the convention center?
A: The plaza is a fairly quick walk across the street from the con center. You can't miss it---it's the huge outdoor plaza where the Staples Center, Microsoft Theater etc. are. Note that we will be meeting near the Starbucks, so look for the big J.W. Marriott building and it will be the area near their outdoor bar.
Q: What is the parking situation?
A: Many people will be staying in hotels for AX, but if you are commuting, please be aware that parking will be both very limited and very expensive during the convention. We highly recommend taking an Uber, Lyft, or public transport to avoid the cost and hassle of dealing with event parking in downtown LA.
Q: Will pro voice actors be there signing autographs?
A: This is not what this event is for. If our pro members choose to stop by, it is important to make them feel just as comfortable as you would any other member. Some may be willing to sign a quick thing for you if you ask nicely, but the primary purpose of this event is to be a fun community meetup.
Q: Are there any age restrictions?
A: No, but we suggest that minors be accompanied by a parent, guardian, or older friend/sibling. We cannot be held responsible for minors.
Q: Can I show up late?
A: Yes, we are planning to stay in the meetup area until at least 7 pm.
Q: I can't make this day/time; will there be any other meetups?
A: The following day will be Pokemon GO community day, so some of our members may be meeting up for that. We suggest joining our Discord server to keep up to date on any happenings.
General Guidelines to Keep in Mind
- As this will be held in a public place, please be courteous. Avoid blocking walkways. Clean up after yourself; don't leave food wrappers or other trash around. Avoid being extremely loud and obnoxious if we move to an indoor setting for dinner, coffee, etc.
- Be mindful of others' personal space and boundaries. Don't touch someone unless they've given a clear signal that it's okay to do so. Absolutely no unwanted sexual comments or advances toward other members will be tolerated. (See: Cosplay is not Consent)
- Don't lavish excessive attention on certain members or try to monopolize their time. If you make people feel uncomfortable or bother/annoy them too much, they may not want to stay at the meetup.
- Don't follow others around the convention center afterwards or to their unrelated social events, unless they specifically invite you to do so. Making friends is great, but try to avoid leeching onto others' social groups later in the weekend unless you know they're cool with you hanging around.
- This is meant to be a fun and chill hangout event, not a networking opportunity or a chance to meet your favorite voice actors. If a meeting or conversation ends up naturally leading to an opportunity, that's great---but try not to be that person who goes around passing out demo reels. It's the equivalent of that guy at a party asking everyone to check out his SoundCloud mixtape.
- Mods in attendance will be myself, Dip/Ben and John Carter. Please feel free to come to one of us if you have questions or issues.