VAC Community Meetup @ PAX Australia 2019 Sept 23, 2019 4:13:12 GMT -8 LadyStardust, Kevin Liberty, and 1 more like this
Post by Dom Dinh on Sept 23, 2019 4:13:12 GMT -8
Welcome to the first VAC community meetup in Australia! Being the very first time we’re running the meetup for us Aussies, we’re super excited to get it going. Although this event will be taking place in the vicinity of PAX, we’re not affiliated with PAX in any way and will be held off-premises as such, so you will not need a PAX badge.
The event will be taking place at Batman Park, which is across the bridge from the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre from where PAX is being held (it’s across the street from Crowne Plaza Hotel).
Please be sure to RSVP; we’ll also be ordering pizza for dinner and need to know your preference!: docs.google.com/forms/d/1S_GdoF7MFUEc7hjgbYe-ZjW0NwvjDsxsXzWe1soGeQc/viewform
★ General Information / Etiquette ★
1. Although this event is taking place during PAX, it is not an official PAX event; it is a community event due to a number of our members attending – with this in mind, you will not need a PAX Badge to come to the meetup.
2. This event is intended for members of the VAC community. You are welcome to invite your friends - especially those involved in the voiceover scene - however, this is NOT a "fan meet" or "networking event". We want any professional actors attending to feel comfortable in a casual environment, so please do not hound them for autographs or interviews, ask for advice on how to get into voiceover, or otherwise bother them with things they normally do during "work time".
3. Please be courteous of others in the public area. Pick up your rubbish when you leave, keep walkways clear, and do not create an overly loud or obnoxious disturbance. Keep track of your belongings - we cannot be responsible for lost or stolen phones, bags, badges, etc.
4. We have a zero-tolerance policy for sexual harassment. Any such conduct will be reported to the proper authorities and may result in removal from our online community as well.
5. Mods in attendance will be our admin Darcy Maguire / Lumisau and Dom Dinh. Please feel free to come to one of us if you have questions or issues.
6. Name tags will also be provided; first-come, first-served.
★ Additional info to keep in mind ★
- Don’t follow others around the convention centre afterwards or to their unrelated social events, unless they specifically invite you to do so. Making friends is great, but try to avoid leeching onto others' social groups later in the weekend unless you know they're cool with you hanging around.
- This is meant to be a fun and chill hangout event, not a networking opportunity or a chance to meet your favourite voice actors. If a meeting or conversation ends up naturally leading to an opportunity, that's great---but try not to be that person who goes around passing out demo reels. It's the equivalent of that guy at a party asking everyone to check out his SoundCloud mixtape.
- Have fun. This boat runs on happy faces.