Casting Call Rules for Unpaid Projects Jan 26, 2021 0:54:57 GMT -8 Rebekah Amber Clark, Kevin Liberty, and 1 more like this
Post by Lady Stardust ★ on Jan 26, 2021 0:54:57 GMT -8
What is required for a casting call?
1. A brief description of the character/voice types you are looking to fill. While asking for general demos is allowed, you will have a better chance of finding what you are looking for if you are specific.
2. Sample audition line(s) for each character. These are what actors will read for their audition. Between 3 and 5 sample lines is typical, although there's no hard and fast rule. Do not ask actors to just "make something up"---choosing something from your script is the best idea. Again, while you are allowed to ask for general demos in lieu of this, you will have a much better chance at finding what you're looking for with a targeted audition.
3. A method of contact so actors can send you their auditions. This should ideally be your e-mail address, though you may also include a supplementary contact method such as Discord ID, or a shared Dropbox folder. E-mail is still typically the most standard and reliable way to receive auditions.
4. A deadline for when you will stop receiving auditions. By this, we mean "actors have until this day and time to submit something if they are interested in auditioning for the project". Short/rush deadlines (ex: 24 hours) are acceptable, however, please do not cast your project first-come-first-serve as this is highly unfair to talent, especially those in different time zones around the world. You can always extend the deadline if you don't find what you're looking for, but if you decide to shorten it, please provide proper notice. If you're not sure, two weeks is a perfectly acceptable deadline for unpaid projects (longer than a month tends to drag out the submission process and may result in a flood of auditions to review.)
We also highly suggest cross-posting your audition to the #casting-calls-original or #casting-calls-fan section (depending on your project type) of our Discord server, as this is where most of our active userbase is!
General Rules for Unpaid Project Auditions
1. Traditional FANDUB auditions are not allowed. However, we do allow derivative works such as parodies, machinima, comic dubs, game readthroughs, etc. Please see this thread for our FAQ on this as well as more information on what constitutes a "fandub".
2. Our unpaid projects section is aimed at hobby/collaborative works, student projects, and other passion projects where the work will not be monetized in a significant way or used in a commercial manner. Volunteer voice work can be a great way to gain confidence and practice, but this should not be exploited. If the project is intended for commercial use, you should pay your creative talent (including voice actors) accordingly.
3. Adult projects (defined as explicit sexual content) may be posted only under the following conditions:
-The thread title must be clearly tagged with one of the following: [Adult], [NSFW] or [18+].
-No explicit images or videos may be embedded. If you link to such material in your casting call for audition purposes, it must also be clearly tagged.
-You may not solicit, or knowingly accept, auditions from minors. As our site is based in the United States, a minor shall be defined as anyone under 18 years of age.
-Any content sexualizing minors or glorifying nonconsensual sex is not allowed.
-Regardless of the subject material, producers are expected to conduct themselves ethically and professionally when communicating with voice talent on NSFW projects.
4. You may "bump" your thread for visibility no more than once every 72 hours.